19/10/2014

Road Tripping - the Second Life Routes Part 1 (Route 9)

I'd come across Second Life roads not long after I first ventured into Second Life but I never really explored them. Recently I decided to take a virtual road trip and see where they took me, and I've been meaning to post the pictures - finally got round to it!

The SL Routes are protected roads which extend across the mainland. There are a number of routes which you can explore, and there's even Explorer's centers along some of them which look like they have been there since the early days of SL, and which contain some really great and detailed maps and information for travellers. This is one of them, although I'm not too sure how up-to-date it is now, but it gives you an idea of some of the routes:




It's a great way to travel around and see different things that people have built. Some areas are sparse, others have some out of the way places it's fun to stop and visit. What's also useful is that at intervals along the routes rez stations are provided - you won't be able to rez anything on the roads except at these points. So if you have a vehicle you would like to use to drive along the roads you can get it out here. 

My first real excursion was along route 9. Eventually I hope to explore all the routes. There are some really wonderful detailed builds along the way - some of the pictures follow. These are just a snapshot of what I saw on that travel, I hadn't even got to the end of the route...

This first bunch are from an area called Kaz Carrera Park, a urban grungy themed place with very dirty toilets!:)

Kaz Carrera Park Toilets





Hmm...slow service...




Hop Scotch outside the diner....










No comments:

Post a Comment